Best Anti-Aging Eye Cream
This article talks about the best anti-aging eye cream. To find the best anti-aging eye cream, you first need to identify the three common under-eye conditions. These include:
- Dark circles
- Under-eye bags or puffiness
- Crow’s feet and wrinkles
Best Anti-Aging Eye Cream For Wrinkles and Crow’s Feet
What's the best anti-aging eye cream for wrinkles and crow’s feet? To answer this question, let us first understand what we mean by crow’s feet. Also, let's take a look at the top causes of under-eye wrinkles and crow’s feet.
What Are Crow’s Feet?
Crow's feet are the perpendicular pull lines around the eyes. They occur where the muscles near the under-eye area pull or move. Normal facial movements can make crow's feet more visible.
Causes of Under-Eye Wrinkles and Crow’s Feet
Here are the main reasons why under-eye wrinkles and crow’s feet appear in the under-eye area.
Sun exposure is one of the top reasons for wrinkles, especially around the eyes. Prolonged sun exposure during peak hours can damage your skin. This will ultimately show up as fine lines and wrinkles. That’s why you need UV ray protection, especially in the delicate under-eye area.
How Aging Causes Under-Eye Wrinkles and Crow’s Feet
The skin around your eyes is 40% thinner than the rest of your face. This is why wrinkles and fine lines first show up in this area. Aging causes loss of elasticity and collagen breakdown, which leads to wrinkles. Since the under-eye skin is very delicate, aging has a significant impact on this area.
Here’s what you need to look for in a skincare product to tackle crows feet caused by aging:
- The skincare product must blend hydrating ingredients with peptides. Here’s how this combination works – the hydrating ingredients moisturize the skin and give it a plump and lifted look. Hyaluronic acid is an example of a potent moisturizing element that penetrates deep into the skin for optimal hydration. Then comes the role of peptides. Peptides are clinically proven components that stimulate collagen production. When your skin makes more collagen, these molecules go in and fill the wrinkles and fine lines.
- For the under-eye skincare product to be effective,the formula must be in the right consistency. It should be light and hydrating. It should not be too heavy for the under-eye area, else it will clog pores and cause skin break-outs.
WENmedics’ 24 Hour Eye Recovery cream meets the above mentioned points. It contains both hyaluronic acid and clinically proven peptides in perfect proportions. Hyaluronic acid is like a water magnet that hydrates the parched under-eye area. Peptides in this cream boost collagen production to get rid of wrinkles and crow’s feet. It’s the ultimate way to conquer crow’s feet and under-eye wrinkles.
The Mayo Clinic reports that aside from age, smoking is the leading cause of wrinkles in both women and men. Smoking exposes your skin to oxidative stress, damaging its collagen and elastin. Smoking prevents nutrients from reaching the under-eye area. Nicotine constricts blood vessels and hinders blood circulation. The chemicals in cigarettes wreak havoc on your skin. Wrinkles, fine lines, and crow’s feet thus become more prominent.
Easy Ways to Combat Under-Eye Wrinkles and Crow’s Feet
Take a look at simple yet effective ways to tackle under-eye wrinkles and crow’s feet.
- Use SPF daily to prevent loss of collagen due to the harsh UV rays of the sun.
- Quit smoking now. Tobacco smoke is a massive trigger for premature aging. Get rid of that habit as soon as you can to prevent wrinkles and crow’s feet from getting worse.
- Eat a diet rich in proteins, good fats, fruits, and vegetables to maintain the health and vitality of your skin. A healthy and nutritious diet will keep your skin looking soft and voluminous. Eating a nutrient-rich diet can help reduce wrinkles and fine lines.
- Invest in a gentle yet nourishing eye cream that will hydrate the dry skin under your eyes. This will give you smooth skin that doesn’t show signs of aging.
Best Anti-Aging Eye Cream For Dark Circles
To find the best anti-aging eye cream for dark circles, let's first explore the causes of dark circles.
Causes of Dark Circles
Here are the main reasons why most people develop dark circles.
Dark circles can run in families. If your parents or someone in your family has dark circles, you’re more likely to develop this problem. People belonging to melanin-rich ethnicities may be more susceptible to getting dark circles.
Unhealthy habits such as smoking and vaping, lack of sleep, and high levels of stress can damage your skin. The under-eye area is very delicate compared to the rest of the face. The negative effects of bad lifestyle choices show up more on the under-eye skin.
How Aging Causes Dark Circles
Natural aging is a primary cause of dark circles. With age, the skin loses its elasticity, and the protein fibers that support it begin to wear down. As you lose fat and collagen the blood vessels beneath the surface of the epidermis show through.
The translucency of the under-eye skin increases with age. This makes any changes in the blood flow noticeable. Also, blood capillaries in the under-eye area reside very close to the skin’s surface. Sometimes, there’s leakage of blood around the capillaries, which shows up as dark circles. The pooling of blood around capillaries makes dark circles more severe. Since mature skin is thinner, dark circles appear more prominent.
So, how do you tackle dark circles with an under-eye skincare product? You need a serum that contains a cocktail of natural ingredients that lighten dark circles. A mix of Southern Ginseng and citrus fruit extract does this job really well. This dark circle cocktail blend strengthens capillaries around the eyes. Strong capillaries prevent blood pooling and leakage. Less blood pooling around the eyes reduces the appearance of dark circles.
WENmedics’ Under Eye Dark Circles Corrector contains the blend of Southern Ginseng and citrus fruit extract, which helps diminish those pesky rings around your eyes.
Allergies and Dark Circles
Exposure to allergens triggers the release of a chemical called histamine. This dilates blood vessels and causes a gush of blood to reach under the eyes, which makes dark circles become more visible.
Allergies also cause itchy eyes, so you may feel the urge to scratch or rub your eyes frequently. These actions further damage the sensitive area below the eyes, aggravating dark circles.
Easy Ways To Combat Dark Circles
Here are some easy tips that can help you deal with the problem of dark circles.
- Get enough sleep for at least 7-8 hours daily. This will make your under-eye skin look refreshed. Sufficient sleep overnight reduces the severity of dark circles.
- Apply sunscreen, wear sunglasses, and a hat to protect your under-eye skin from sun exposure. This reduces sun damage and hyperpigmentation. Taking these preventive measures will prevent the formation of dark circles.
- The delicate under-eye area requires gentle care. Avoid rubbing your eyes and be gentle when washing the area around your eyes or when removing makeup.
- Control your allergy issues by taking an antihistamine after speaking with your doctor. To prevent blood from pooling under your eyes, it’s important to keep allergy and sinus symptoms in check. This will help reduce dark circles around your eyes.
Best Anti-Aging Eye Cream For Bags Under Eyes
Let’s address the top causes of under-eye bags so you can find the best anti-aging eye cream for bags under the eyes.
Causes of Puffy Eyes and Under-Eye Bags
Here are the top reasons for swelling underneath the eyes.
Lack of Sleep
Lack of sleep can weaken the muscles and blood capillaries around your eyes. Combined with stress, it can upset the salt balance in your body. This causes water retention around the eyes, causing puffy and swollen eyes.
Effects of Allergies On Under-Eye Puffiness
Uncontrolled allergies can cause fluid buildup around the eyes and sinuses. This results in swelling and puffiness. Allergies also cause your body to release histamine. This chemical causes itchy and watery eyes, further aggravating puffiness and swelling.
Extra sodium causes water retention, which results in a puffy face or swollen eyes. The thin skin around your eyes is at a higher risk of getting puffy. It's also the first to display any signs of distress more prominently than any other part of the face.
How Aging Leads to Puffy Eyes
With aging, there’s a loss of collagen and elastin. This process weakens tissues around your eyes and eyelids. Normal fat that helps support the eyes can then move into the lower eyelids. These factors may cause under-eye skin swelling and puffiness as you age.
All-natural ingredients and powerful antioxidants can help reduce swelling and puffiness around the eyes. Cucumber and green tea extract are potent antioxidants that treat fluid buildup in the under-eye area. WENmedics’ Puffiness & Dark Circles Eye Cream contains a blend of all-natural ingredients and antioxidants. These components work in synergy to reduce the appearance of under-eye swelling.
How to Quickly Reduce Under Eye Puffiness
- Prop yourself up while sleeping. Place a few pillows underneath your head when sleeping. This will prevent fluid from pooling around the eyes. So, you’ll wake up to fresh-looking eyes without swelling.
- Use chilled cucumber slices on your eyes. This classic spa has water content. Apply cold on the eyelids to depuff swollen eyes, giving your precious eyes a refreshed look and feel.
- Place cold tea bags on your eyelids and relax for 15-20 minutes. Tea contains caffeine, which helps reduce water retention and bring down swelling. This is a great natural remedy to perk up tired-looking eyes. Apply cold tea bags on the eyelids to give your delicate orbs a well-deserved break during the day.
- Keep yourself hydrated to prevent the under-eye area from looking swollen and tired. Aim to drink at least 8-10 glasses of water daily.
- Watch your salt and alcohol intake, as these are common culprits causing puffy eyes. Stick to a healthy diet to nourish your skin from within.
Best Anti-Aging Eye Cream For Sensitive Skin
Choosing the best anti-aging eye cream for sensitive skin may seem challenging. So, here’s some useful information to guide you.
Sensitive under-eye skin is susceptible to breakouts and allergic reactions. For sensitive skin, you must know what ingredient is causing the flare-up. It then becomes easy to filter out products that contain that particular ingredient.
Your skin may be reacting to the product because you are allergic to one or more of the ingredients in it. It has nothing to do with the quality of the eye cream.
An eye cream may contain only the best of all-natural ingredients. But sensitive skin may even react to fruit and vegetable extracts and natural oils. The product may be all-natural, but you may be allergic to a particular fruit. This may be causing your skin to react differently.
Follow these steps when buying the best anti-aging eye cream for sensitive skin:
- Find out the ingredients you’re allergic to.
- When shopping for an eye cream, read the ingredients label carefully. This will tell you if there’s any component in it that will cause a skin reaction. If you find an ingredient that you know doesn’t suit your skin, skip the product.
- For sensitive skin, we recommend going with products that contain natural ingredients. Avoid skin irritating ingredients such as fragrance, chemicals, and parabens. At WENmedics, we take pride in offering fragrance-free products. All WENmedics’ products contain no chemicals, filler, or parabens.
- To be sure if the eye cream or any other skincare product is right for you, do a patch test.
How to Do a Patch Test
Always be your own advocate and test a new eye cream for an adverse reaction. This is a must-do before using the eye cream as part of your skincare routine. Don't risk a painful allergic reaction by applying a new product under your eyes. Instead, do a simple patch test. Here are the steps:
- Start with applying a small amount of the product on an invisible portion of your leg or arm. Behind your knee or inside your elbow are good areas to try out a new product. After applying, if there’s no reaction within 24 hours, you can try out the product on your face.
- Pick a small area of your face that's not very visible —such as a corner of your forehead or the underside of your jaw. Apply the product and wait for 24 hours. If there’s no adverse effect, the eye cream is suitable for your skin.
Best Anti-Aging Eye Cream For the 20s
Shopping for the best anti-aging cream for the 20s? Here’s some useful guidance. If you’re in your 20’s, your skin is youthful and supple.
Dark circles are a concern for people in this age group. If the dark circles are hereditary, an eye cream may not help. But, if the dark circles occur due to lack of sleep or a poor lifestyle, an eye cream can tackle the problem.
To protect your under-eye skin from the harsh rays of the sun, sunscreen is a must. Choose a broad-spectrum sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher.
Product Recommendation For the 20s
The best anti-aging eye cream for the 20s is preventative. If you’re in the 20’s, get an eye cream that gently nourishes your skin. The eye cream must not contain harsh chemicals or strong ingredients.
WENmedics’ Vegan Face and Eye Cream is recommended for those in their 20s.
Why Use This Product?
When you’re in your 20s, your skin is already glowing and beautiful. You only need a very gentle eye cream that’s all-natural. Choose an an-antioxidant rich cream that will hydrate the skin.
The Vegan Face and Eye Cream ticks off all these check boxes. This product is overflowing with the goodness of olive squalene and shea butter. These intensely moisturizing elements enhance the glow of young skin. It contains 11 antioxidants with only natural ingredients.
Best Anti-Aging Eye Cream For the 30s
To select the best anti-aging eye cream for the 30s, keep in mind your under-eye skin concerns. People in their 30s have supple under-eye skin. But, the stress of adult life does begin to take a toll. Dark circles and fine lines are common under-eye skin problems for those in their 30s. Now is the time to fine tune your skincare routine. For this, you must adopt a preventative and treatment-based skincare routine.
Product Recommendation For the 30s
WENmedics has two products that really work for people in this age group. Here are two top recommendations:
- Vegan Face and Eye Cream
Why Use WENmedics Vegan Face & Eye Cream ?
- Vegan Eye and Face Cream
If you’re in your 30s, you need an eye cream that hydrates the under-eye skin. WENmedics’ Vegan Face and Eye Cream contains all-natural ingredients. It has potent botanical extracts like olive squalene that smoothes and softens skin. The 11 powerful antioxidants will protect your skin from free radical damage. If you prefer only natural ingredients in your eye cream, this is an excellent product.
- 24 Hour Eye Recovery Cream
Fine lines around the eyes are a common issue for people in their 30s. WENmedics’ 24 Hour Eye Recovery Cream can help prevent and treat this problem. So, it has dual benefits for your under-eye skin. This eye cream has a peptide called Syn-Coll to boost collagen production. When there is sufficient collagen, it fills in the fine lines. This helps correct existing fine lines and prevents them from becoming worse.
Best Anti-Aging Eye Cream For the 40s
The best anti-aging eye cream for the 40s is one that addresses your skin concerns. Dark circles, crow’s feet, fine lines, wrinkles, and puffiness are common issues at this age. People in their 40s need a treatment-based routine for the under-eye area.
Product Recommendations For the 40s
Give your under-eye skin extra care with a hyaluronic-acid-based serum and an eye cream. This combo helps firm the under-eye skin, increase hydration, and restore moisture.
Here are two products from WENmedics that fit this category:
- Hyaluronic Acid Elixir With CoQ10
- 24 Hour Eye Recovery Cream
Why Use These Products?
- Hyaluronic Acid Elixir With CoQ10
The hero of this serum is Hyaluronic acid. It attracts water to the under-eye skin and hydrates the under-eye area. Hello! soft and supple under-eye skin! The thin consistency of this serum ensures it doesn't sit on the skin or clog pores. Instead, it absorbs easily and penetrates deep into the skin, and hydrates it.
- 24 Hour Eye Recovery Cream
This product contains Syn-Coll, which is a peptide. It enhances collagen production in the under-eye area. This eye cream gives your skin the power of collagen to prevent and treat wrinkles, fine lines, and crow’s feet.
Best Anti-Aging Eye Cream For the 50s
The best anti-aging under-eye cream for age 50 will hydrate the skin and fight crow's feet and wrinkles. People in this age group require a treatment-based routine for their under-eye skin.
Product Recommendation For the 50s
We recommend using a nourishing serum that contains hyaluronic acid as a first step. Layer it with a good under-eye moisturizer infused with antioxidants and peptides. A combination of these two products is a powerful treatment. Both these products firm the under-eye skin, increase hydration, and restore moisture.
The products must penetrate deep into the skin without clogging the delicate under-eye area. WENmedics has two products that fit these criteria:
- 24 Hour Eye Recovery Cream
Why Use Hyaluronic Acid Elixir With CoQ10 ?
- This serum has hyaluronic acid that draws moisture to the skin. It hydrates the under-eye skin and makes it look soft and supple. It has a thin consistency that doesn't sit on under-eye skin or clog pores. Instead, it penetrates deep into the inner layers and hydrates the skin.
24 Hour Eye Recovery Cream
- This product contains Syn-Coll, which is a peptide. It boosts the skin’s ability to make collagen production. This peptide and antioxidant eye cream can prevent and treat wrinkles, fine lines, and crow’s feet.
Best Anti-Aging Eye Cream For Men
The best anti-aging eye cream for men must hydrate the under-eye skin and address concerns. Just like women, men also have very sensitive under-eye skin. That’s why men too require an eye cream to maintain firm and healthy-looking under-eye skin.
Production Recommendation For Men
For men, an effective eye cream like WENmedics 24 Hour Eye Recovery cream is the best. This holistic product treats severe wrinkles, minor dark circles, and puffiness. Regular use of this product prevents and treats wrinkles and other under-eye issues. It also acts as a preventative measure for dark circles and under-eye bags.
Why Use 24 Hour Recovery Eye Cream?
24 Hour Recovery Eye Cream has clinically proven peptides and potent natural ingredients. These components come together for an eye cream that also works for men. Peptides boost collagen in your skin to make it look strong and healthy. Hydrating natural ingredients like glycerin and coconut oil minimize signs of aging.
If you suffer from other conditions such as dark circles or puffiness please refer to the section within this blog post. This part details how to effectively combat these conditions.
With this detailed guide, you can now find the best anti-aging eye cream. Using an eye cream will give you healthy and younger-looking under-eye skin.